Sunday, March 26, 2017

#SEXYSNIPPETS~17~MIGHT AS WELL FACE THE MUSIC~


Good morning and happy Sunday to you! Welcome to Sexy Snippets, where we get a chance to share a sneak peek at a work in progress, upcoming release, or a published work. Thanks to Doris O'Connor for putting this weekly blog hop together! Now on to my snippet. I just received the cover today for Nursing Misfits Book 1, Drama Queen! I absolutely am in love... To set the scene, it's Anne's first day of clinical and things haven't been going as planned...Enjoy! Oh, and this is unedited ;)


A soft knock on the bathroom door interrupted her anguish. Anne stilled, breath caught in her throat. “J-Just a—” she hiccupped. “Just a minute.”

“Anne?”

She froze mid-sniffle. There was no mistaking that sexy baritone voice. Even now, knee-deep in her own misery the sound whispered across her skin, awakening all her nerve endings. She remembered melting into those strong arms of his, his tongue teasing hers in a bone-liquefying kiss. Her body trembled. “Y-yes?”

“Open the door, please.”

The soft command came through the wood. She winced. Anne faced the mirrored glass once more. Coward that she was, she avoided her own gaze. She couldn’t bare facing the train wreck of her reflection and cringed at the thought of him seeing her like this. Taking a couple of deep breaths, she blew her nose one last time and dried her tears. Might as well face the music.

*****

And there you have it! Nursing Misfits Book 1, Drama Queen will be apart of a high heat level boxed set late summer or early fall so stay tuned for more of Anne's drama. LOL. Comments are always appreciated. I'd love to hear from you. Don't forget to stop by and see what other fab snippets the others are sharing today.

Enjoy the last remnants of your weekend,
Kathleen💋

7 comments:

Kiru Taye said...

What she been up to? Congrats on your cover, Kathleen. It's lovely.

BTW, your link on Sexy Snippet isn't working. I had to use the link from last week.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this has me wondering what on earth she's done. Fab snippet. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I fixed your link on the sign up page for you.

Unknown said...

Thanks... bonehead me clicked too fast and advanced before I'd meant to. Thanks Doris!

Unknown said...

Lol... you may remember the vomit scene...on his shoes! This is that wip! Lol

Unknown said...

Thank you! And ya... I jacked my signup somehow 😝

Elodie Parkes said...

Great snippet. I want to know the rest of it :-)